It’s nothing new that Android users are not able to jailbreak their devices and for a long time, many believed that they didn’t need to, that they had everything they could possibly want. Even though Android is more open than iOS, there are still basic features missing and one of those is a screen recorder that does what you want it to. With so few jailbreaks about, iOS users have had to rely on the likes of Tutu App [ext link], AppValley and vShare app installers for their Cydia content and these have also been made available to Android users too. As has the latest release, one of the coolest screen recorder apps ever, CoolPixel.
Image : CoolPixel Android
CoolPixel is packed with features that make it, not just a screen recorder, but an app for creating videos and editing them with the tons of built-in features and filters. There is so much to learn about CoolPixel [ about ] and the linked post will give you more details about what it includes and what it can do, and, for iOS users, we also have a separate guide on how to Download CoolPixel. For this post, we are going to talk about how Android users can download and install CoolPixel on their devices.
Image : CoolPixel Android Screen Recorder
How to Download CoolPixel Android :
This involves the download of the application package file [ APK ] for CoolPixel. For those not used to this method, the apk is the only way to get software like this onto your Android device so follow each step carefully:
- Go to Settings on your Android device and tap on Security
- Tick the box next to Unknown Sources , this is an important step , if you don’t do this, CoolPixel cannot be installed on your device
- On your computer, download the CoolPixel APK
- Unzip the file, extract the contents and then send the apk file in an email to yourself
- On your Android tablet or smartphone, open your email and download the apk file
- Find the download and then tap on it
- CoolPixel will be installed on your Android device
If, for any reason you find that you need to remove CoolPixel from your Android device then just delete it in the same way as you do with any Android app and, if you want, you can follow the step above to reinstall it to your device.
Follow us on Facebook and we’ll give you more tips and tutorials like this one for your Android device.